Friday, September 7, 2007

Tharn

I never actually read Watership Down. Glenn, my husband, did. But I use two concepts from that book all the time.

"Tharn" which means frozen. You know when you see those bunnies in the yard, and they know you're there, and you can just tell they'd like to break like hell for the shrubbery, but they sit there, really still, hoping that you won't notice that they're sitting there? That's "tharn."

Second word/concept "hrar", meaning more than three, or way too many to keep track of.

Well, this week I spent a significant amount of time tharn because I had hrar things to do. Having a lot to do is a good thing. It keeps you busy and motivated and many people thrive on being overburdened. But sometimes it just makes you tharn.

I'm putting together an art project with my sisters so I'll post about that soon.

No comments: